View Single Post
Old 05-07-2019, 04:04 PM   #19
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Default Re: suspension issues with a BFIII wagon.

Thanks for your input 5thFordWA. I can tell you the diff isn't bent and the whole suspension front and rear is still tight and as it should be and the shocks still seem to be doing their job. It sounds like what they did to your wagon is what should have happened here but somebody just went completely OTT on the rear springs by resetting them AND adding the extra leaf. That would explain why it's so high, then they had no choice but to stiffen and raise the front to try and match the back. I've tried le cheapo tyres and Bridgestones, and Dunlops and Supercats and they all do the same thing. I'm going to try and convince the missus to let me remove the bullbar for this new set of tyres just to see what difference it makes. If it cures the scrubbing then I have a good argument to remove the extra leaf in the rear and put the bullbar back on. With a bit of luck, removing the extra weight hanging out over the front wheels will sort out the balance, even if it does ride like a go cart. That being the case, removing the extra leaf and refitting the bullbar should soften the whole show up a bit and make it acceptable.... here's hoping

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote