View Single Post
Old 06-07-2019, 09:41 PM   #21
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Default Re: suspension issues with a BFIII wagon.

215/60r16. Standard falcon alloy as in the pic above running 32-34psi.

After much haggling last night over red wine for her and CC for me, I finally convinced her to let me remove the bullbar, which happened today before she changed her mind. It has definitely made the car feel more stable and nicer to drive although the front is a little harsh now on sharp edge bumps and spoon drains. I'll get a pic of the tyre tomorrow for you as the car went to work with the missus tonight.

As for the car behaving on rough dirt roads, what I meant was it doesn't and didn't do anything unexpected beyond the usual occasional skittishness you get with any leaf spring rear, in fact, as stiff as it is in the rear, it feels better and tracks straighter than the old AU wagon we used to have.

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Last edited by Bushbasher; 06-07-2019 at 09:53 PM.
Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: