View Single Post
Old 07-07-2019, 11:56 AM   #24
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Default Re: suspension issues with a BFIII wagon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janddbone View Post
Please place approximately 250 - 300kg in the boot and come back to us after a drive...

Not without putting the bullbar back on to hold the front down. The car is better balanced now but the front is now stiff as well and putting that much weight in the rear will make the front do wheelstands, lol. It's too stiff at the front now too and the whole car needs softening up but the purpose of the exercise it to see if the balance stops the rear tyre wear. If it does then I'll get the extra leaf removed from the rear then put the bullbar back on. It got new front tyres last week and gets new rears this week then I'll see how they wear before attacking the rear springs.

Here is a pic of the rear tyre. This tyre came off the front about 10k km ago and still had it's shoulder.

rear tyre.jpg

The tyre that went to the front was down to the canvas last week after it ate what was left of the shoulder. I've never had any vehicle do that to rear tyres like that.

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote