View Single Post
Old 07-07-2019, 12:38 PM   #27
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Default Re: suspension issues with a BFIII wagon.

Thanks BENT8, that's pretty much what I thought I said in the beginning, you just stated it more succinctly, thanks. The back is too stiff and not rolling when the front does so the tyre is having to do the rolling instead thus eating up the shoulder in the process. All this talk of roll oversteer isn't right because there is no roll because it's so stiff.

The raised relationship of front to rear ride height was no more than any stock wagon except it was 3" higher front and rear. If anything, it now sits flatter as the front has come up another 1/2". Interestinly, the missus said this morning it felt more floaty to her. Once I explained it should feel more like my Fairlane now that the balance is better she agreed that it did, so I'm putting that down to the front being a bit higher now and the steering lighter now the bullbar is gone so she's using too much input.

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote