View Single Post
Old 31-12-2014, 10:22 PM   #7
STEALTHY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Why is it.................?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbasher View Post
I've got a question which I'll get to in a sec but I decided to extend the thread subject to any "Why is it?" question just to see where it goes.

So here's my "why is it?"....

Why is it that the majority of young P platers still learning how to shave properly, have a need to be in front?

This morning I backed out onto the road and spotted the obligatory poorly blinged up rollerdoor with P plate coming into town at a great rate of knots, (it's 50kph past my place), so I took off and got up to speed a bit sharpish to avoid him saying hello to my tow bar. He slowed up and held station till we got out to the highway which is a T junction about 400m past the town limit, then when I pulled onto the highway I gave it a squirt up to the limit just to see what he would do. Boy racer must have pulled onto the highway 10 car lengths back and, in a fit of testosterone, floored it to pass me. But rather than back off at the limit when I was still in front of him, he kept his foot into it and passed me at WOT then roared off into the distance till he was 500m ahead then slowed to the limit; why is that?
I don't ever remember having the need to be in front unless they were traveling slower than me.

So who else has a "why is it?".
If you had to "take off sharpish", chances are you had to give way to him.

If people do that near my car, i try and get away from them and their bad driving as soon as possible. Chances are, in his eyes, you are a driver who would make random unexpected decisions and he didn't want to be apart of your accident

(I'm not saying you would cause an accident, but i'm saying your display of driving would give that impression to other road users ;))
STEALTHY is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: