View Single Post
Old 06-03-2019, 01:59 PM   #1571
lucas2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: AFF Weight Gain/Loss Program

Quote:
Originally Posted by XB GS 351 Coupe View Post
No offence, but just because people pay you for your advice does not automatically make it right. So getting paid for something does not automatically make you an authority.

Calling other people who get paid to give out advice that does not agree with yours idiots does not make you any more correct either, it just show insecurity.

Yes, I agree that if you eat 1000 calories most people will lose weight, but they are also not eating enough food, they are losing muscle, slowing their metabolism, are at risk of gallstones, headaches, nausea, lack of electrolytes, menstrual issues (in females), fatigue, in the longer term damaging their metabolism etc (but you would already know this with your qualifications)

So what diet/eating plan/etc would you recommend??
Of course it doesn't make it "right" and I don't claim to be an authority or an expert. But my advice is evidence based and I am actually registered and insured with a national accreditation body where I must abide by ethics, regulations and actually complete regular professional development.

If you are familiar with online training and nutrition, there are thousands of people out there selling diet plans who are unqualified, uninsured and don't have the best interests of their clients at hand. Imagine if the best doctors in the world were judged on the amount of their Instagram followers and not their knowledge and qualifications. That is what happens in this industry.

My point about people paying for my services yet listening to idiots on the internet doesn't make me insecure. It's akin to paying for a qualified and trained tuner to source the correct products that will best suit your car in terms of reliability or performance and then going to some DIY unqualified backyard mechanic instead because they offer off the shelf tunes for cheaper.

You are correct that I do already know these things. I've had people come to me who have lost their menstrual cycle in the past due to bad diet plans.

I actually don't recommend a specific diet plan. Everyone is different and responds differently. My principles are simple - increase protein to ~2g/kg (if resistance training) of body weight (different for very obese people), moderate carbs and moderate fats (ensure fibre and micronutrient targets are met). I work out how much fat/weight the client wants to lose, work out the caloric value of the fat and then program a specific deficit that is sustainable for the client. Most people do not eat enough protein and when losing weight I typically manipulate carbohydrate intake before touching fats.

I always say the best diet is the one you can stick to.

FG XR6T SILHOUETTE - 380rwkw
lucas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: