View Single Post
Old 30-09-2019, 11:16 AM   #936
mick taylor
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Petrol Price crisis......

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
I'm guessing 98 is going to be 1.90+ soon around here since we get ****ed all the time anyway.

I paid 1.66 last week so made sure to top it up. Apparently Scomo is trying to make a deal to tap US reserves.

Jim Molan has been warning about this **** for a long time. What a ****en dumb country we are.
We once used our crappy thin oil to make Standard Petrol in West QLD.

Then we got into exporting our crap Australian oil on the world market, with the Fraser Gov. I think it was the correct thing to do at the time as our oil was no good for making engine oil or bitumen for roads. and our oil is high sulphur it's called sower thin oil, but there is other oils, sweet oil and thick oil and the best quality oil in the world is in the Arab world mainly and some in the USA and Russia.

I think that Australia went down the track of not refining fuel so as to reduce it's carbon percentage to make them look better and just let Asia make the fuel for us, it makes us look like we are saving the planet but I think Asia it's in the same world some how.

One may look to the share market of oil to see if they are ripping off anyone, I don't think that they are at all in fact, this showed that they were not the problem at all when I looked into it some years ago and what I found was we reduced the money spent on looking for new oil wells and that is stupid because down the track that will only add to increase of the price down the track.

So what to do, well if we got rid of 91 octane and had only 95 E10 and 98 E10 then the price of 95 would come down because more people are using it, it would not be as cheap as 91 but I think such would drive down 95 price some what because that's what happens when it's the majority fuel used.
if Australia only sold 10% of 91 octane I am sure that the price would be much the same as they sold 95 for.

I don't think that Germany has 91 Ron as all the cars imported here say to run on 98 octane. so it would be interesting to look at what there prices do reflect in that regard.
mick taylor is offline   Reply With Quote