View Single Post
Old 30-09-2019, 11:10 PM   #944
mick taylor
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Petrol Price crisis......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
Even peoples cars that need 95 minimum people keep filling them with 91 because they don't want to spend the extra $10 a tank for 98.

So we keep getting detuned cars in our market because of this exact reason.

I still remember 9 years ago working at a Honda dealership the new Accord Euros with K24 engines having dramas with our fuel, even on ones filled with 95 and 98, we're talking cars sub 100,000km coming back for warranty work.

With the prevalence of Euros on Melbourne roads now I bet they're still copping 91 because the salesman told them they can still use 91 in it because the engine computer will adjust for it or some crapola like that to sell 6 figure cars to people who complain about $10 extra on fuel per fill.

You can see it at my local servo the pump records how many litres its sold of all the fuels and 91 is always an order of magnitude higher than 95/98, 98 will be barely 6 figures and 91 will be well into 7 figures.

Easiest and cheapest score to improve c02 emissions nationally - ban 91 and high sulfur fuel first before we go chasing unicorns elsewhere.
Yep ! and our E10 is 91 and 94 octane now in SE QLD.
E10 94 is real good in my wife's 2011 Aurion they say they have 200kw but on 95 they say 235kw even the wife only runs E10 now, she will not use the 91 because she says it performs better and she knows bugger all about cars but she likes quick cars.

I went and looked into Germany on google earth at the fuel stations, they have Shell and I seen that they have 95 and 98 diesel and diesel V power.
There Euro was .15 more from 95 to 98 octane and with the std diesel to a V power diesel in this as well was .14 euros more.
So at the time of the google camera took the area the price was as so.
Diesel 1.32
and next was something that I could not understand was 1.42
95 1.42 called super
98 1.57 called V power
V power diesel 1.46 euro

So there you have it and a V power diesel fuel for all them new diesel cars that must need it I would think.

Looking else where in the world only third world nations had 91 octane, Norway, Poland, Russia, South Africa, Spain, USA, UK all have the lowest octane of 95 RON.

Ukraine had 92 and 95.

And from info I looked into of Germany it was E10 95 RON and E5 98 RON.
mick taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: