View Single Post
Old 17-01-2021, 09:59 PM   #12
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Car cover -To use or Not on dark cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrZ View Post
Yes but if most people with Mustang GTs have black wheels, isn't it better to get something that stands out as being different?

When I take photos of mine it never seems to show up the shine as well as your photos. Even though it looks good in person, the photos never seem to do it justice. I just use Meguiars Tech Wax 2.0 and nothing else. Is that good?
I had never had black wheels up to that point so I was trying something different.

Tech Wax is a synthetic paint sealant the also has the ability to "visually eliminate fine swirls and micro-scratches". I'm not sure if that means it has a mild polishing element or if it has fillers to hide swirls, either way it is a nice choice. I used this on my XR6 for years and loved the smell and glossy, wet look to the paint.

I think us detail geeks tend to get hung up on boutique car car products all the while companies like Meguiar's just keep on keeping on. The main thing to focus on however is if you like how the product works and looks, then keep using it.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: