View Single Post
Old 16-02-2015, 09:15 PM   #32
Sox
RIP...

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: As recommended by Ropcher. Personifies the spirit of AFF. 
Default Re: 2001 AUII XR8 exhaust discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by STINKY NINJA
A single 3 inch would probably flow better than the stock exhaust with its super restrictive mufflers anyhow,not that im saying to get it because ground clearance may be an issue.
Ideally get a custom 2.25 twin with an x pipe 2 mufflers(centre) and 2 hotdogs(rear) i used to have a custom twin 2.5 with an x pipe and only 1 magnaflow muffler per side and it was a bit sluggy down low and sounded pooey and droned,was on a stock 220kw,was just too big for a stock windsor imo.
Ill say this though,it was the nicest symmetrical looking,shiny exhaust ive ever had on any of my cars,glad i never paid for it lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STINKY NINJA View Post
Soundwise it evens up the note between the 2 separate pipes and sounds alot better than a twin sytem with no balance pipe or x pipe,performance wise im not sure,i also had another 220kw xr8 with a twin system with no balance or x pipe and it was the worst sounding exhaust ive ever heard,almost like an old 253 thong slapper,very bad sound...

This dude is on the money.
2.25" is the ducks guts for the 5L, and they absolutely need a balance pipe.
2.5" would work well from the headers and in the mid section, but the tailpiece must be 2.25".
Making the pipe smaller as the gas travels encourages flow.
3 users like this post: