View Single Post
Old 11-08-2019, 11:47 AM   #86
Dr Terry
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Buick 3800 V6 the BEST engine ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintey View Post
Temptation sounds fun. I'm not a mechanic, but you could go more outrageous on the supercharger I am sure. Someone on one of the Shannons comments mentioned putting in the 3.2 Alfa V6, hmmm, apparently that one sounds great.
The 3.2 Alfa V6 is actually the much maligned Alloytec HF V6 used in the VZ/VE, Rodeo, Colorado & Captiva. The short motor was built by GMH in Melbourne & Alfa made their own heads & intake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintey View Post
VT Calais - standard with L67? I've seen quite a few for sale with just ecotec
VX Calais - standard with L67?
VXII Calais was standard with L67, ecotec as delete option. Also L67 became optional on Acclaim and executive... does that mean I can find a supercharged Acclaim wagon somewhere?
VY Calais, standard with L67, I think.
L67 availability was all over the shop. It was first released as an option for the VSII LWB models (Statesmen & Caprice) & then immediately made an option for VSII Calais, at that time.

For VTI it was also made optional for S & SS.

For VTII it was made standard for Calais & optional for S & SS & now for Berlina (sedan only)

For VXI was still standard for Calais & optional for ALL other sedans (except SS).

For VXII it was strictly limited to Calais (standard) & optional for S. It remained this way for VYI & VYII.

In all cases the Calais had the standard Ecotec as a delete option (if the L67 was standard) & also had the V8 as an extra cost option.

For VZ the Calais got the new LY7 (190 kW) Alloytec & 5-speed auto. The Ecotec & the Supercharged L67 were not fitted to any VZ.

To my knowledge the L67 was never (officially) fitted to any wagon or ute.

Dr Terry
Dr Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: