Thread: Introduction
View Single Post
Old 19-04-2009, 10:40 AM   #1
Velociraptor82
Eat my Brake Dust

Smile Introduction

I've just completed the application form to join the club and sent it last night. I've met up with the ORSM club a few times including the AutoWroks display and Geelong AFD but I figured I'd introduce myself to those who don't know me.

My name is Simon and I drive a 2006 Ford Focus LS Zetec Hatch. Modifications include: Monster brake kit, fully adjustable coilovers, 2.5" Magnaflow cat-back, 18x8 Lenso Speed 6 rims, body-kit (not completed yet), chrome tail-lights & stripes. You can check out pix of my ride here: www.velociraptor.biz/frame.php?page=photos

Why did i pick a Focus did I hear you ask? I started following Dick Johnson back when he was racing Sierras and over the years have followed the V8's like a religion. I've developed a huge passion for all Fords, be it American, European or Australian. I had held off buying my first car until (1) I could afford a decent one and (2) I was over 25 so that insurance wouldn't be so high. Unfortunally being my first car, I had to satify my father as well (which ruled out old-skool v8's and manual gearboxes). So when the time come I had a choice between a Fiesta Zetec (this particular model included and aftermarket kit sold by Ford which included wheels and stripes to look like an XR4 before the XR4 release), a Focus Zetec or a base Falcon. Any other Fords were too costly and any other make would be an embarisment. I ruled out the Fiesta cos it was too expensive for just wheels and stripes. I opted not to go for the Falcon mainly because it didn't have the features that the Focus had and it would be more expensive to run.

Having grown up around computers not cars I don't really know alot about them (or more accuratly, don't have the terminology). So I joined these forums in the hopes of learning more about the mechanicals of my car in particular and gaining an understanding of what mods are out there and what they can do. When it come to joining a club I found that there really isn't much out there for the Focus and so I joined the EuroFordClub pretty quickly after joining the forums and after seeing the club featured in Performance Fords a little way back. I was hesitant about joining the ORSM club becasue I really wasn't sure about what I could learn about my car from a bunch of guys who drive Falcons. However I've (finally) decided that I would join, as I love getting involved in going to the shows and showing off my pride and joy.

Currenlty my only plans are meeting the Euros in Sydney for AFD. So Hopefully I should catch up with you all fairly shortly.

Simon (Velociraptor)

Small Ford Sunday 2010 - Best Modified Car presented by the EuroFord Club

If I'm going to Hell, I'm going in a Ford

Velociraptor82 is offline   Reply With Quote