View Single Post
Old 03-01-2017, 01:52 AM   #10
zabatron

Default Re: Strongly considering buying a WQ XR4. What do I need to know?

I bought my Xr4 new in 2008,and I sold it back in May last year with 95000km on the clock.During my ownership,it required a new water pump at 30000km(fixed under warranty),the gear box oil was found to be black and burnt at @38000km and promptly replaced with quality Castrol Syntrans gear fluid which cured both the cold shifting and occasional popping out of gear issues,the power steering fluid was also replaced at @40000km due the original fluid also being black and burnt,the washer fluid bottle cracked and leaked ,and was replaced at@50000km,the drivers side power window was loose and rattly from new,but I was told by my Ford dealership that this was normaL(The windoow never failed though),and the front drivers side door lock mechanism failed at @85000km,which was both fiddly and expensive to replace.
I also experienced the cold start issue mentioned above,but its severity seemed to vary depending on what brand of fuel i used.
Apart from the above issues,the car was very reliable and fun to drive.
By far the biggest issue I had was the idiots the racing stripes used to attract on a near daily basis,and i will never buy a car with stripes ever again!
zabatron is offline   Reply With Quote