View Single Post
Old 14-04-2019, 08:31 PM   #19
ozrunner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: The 'Automotive Environmental' Thread - Electric Cars/Fuel Quality/Alternative Fuel

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmav23 View Post
Norway new cars sales fully electric vehicle (58%) and overall plug-in vehicle (69%). They are looking to ban all ICE cars by 2025...…..
Why not tell the whole Norway story which was done by our local paper on Firday 12/4 and I'll help you out with a brief resume' of some facts you haven't mentioned in your crusade. Mods, I tried to find this for link purposes to no avail so story was compiled by Jack Houghton presumably of The West Australian.

It arose because of dumbarse Shortens plan to have 50% of new cars brought being EV etc etc.

The story heading is :The E-car capital that LOST $500m

"Norway has been heralded by Labor and Tesla chief executive Elon Musk as the Utopian example of successful electric vehicle policy but new modelling shows the country is losing $500m dollars a year subsidising the market........

The tiny country supplements its green initiatives in part through CO2 and road taxes on fuel which have pushed petrol prices to an eye watering $3 dollars a litre, among the highest in the world". ......Other costs to taxpayers came from increasing taxation on combustion engine vehicles....

It also points out that tolls were initiated but a ban on vehicle access to the Oslo CBD caused a backdown when protests resulted.

"Mr Musk and the Labor deputy leader Tanya Plibersek have pointed to Norway as a case study for Australia's transport future but both failed to mention the significant economic caveats required for the transition".

I can just imagine what taxes etc Shorten and Co would come up with to cover his "pink batts" policy.
ozrunner is online now   Reply With Quote
6 users like this post: