View Single Post
Old 25-04-2019, 11:04 PM   #35
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: The Notre Dame Cathedral...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickford View Post
The investigation is still ongoing. As of today, the investigations are still circulating around the probability of a cigarette butt, or an electrical issue to be the cause. Still plausible yes, but I am not too sure. As said above, the two most probable causes have been knocked on the head by the opposing representatives. The fact of the matter still remains that an electrical fault was blamed within a couple of hours of the blaze starting. While the fire was still spreading. That to me still is a contentious issue.

France is a country that is on the brink of a civil war almost. A country that has a very publicised race relations issues in the recent years. So Roddy, I have to ask you this. Of those two scenarios you posted (1. A deliberate act, 2. A renovator blunder), which one of those scenarios would you prefer if you were in charge of the country? Which of those two scenarios would cause the least damage to your country, and stop a potential internal fire from erupting? (pardon the pun)
Easy , I'd prefer to know what really took place ...even if it turned out to be arson and/or terrorism.

All I'm saying is how can we be judge and jury yet without knowing all the stuff that went on that day. . I'd like as idealistic as it might sound that somehow the truth actually gets told , like it or lump it but realistically IF it is deliberate it will be covered up like Governments do .

No winners here . Whether it indeed was some sort of stupid accident , carelessness or if it turns out to be arson/terrorism the millions of people who cherish Notre Dame have lost it for a fair few years I reckon . At least nobody died out of it all ...Got to be thankful for that.
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote