View Single Post
Old 19-10-2005, 02:56 PM   #123
irate
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
Damn I have an AUII dedicated EGAS ute ... and it has done 130,000km without missing a beat.

I replace my spark plugs with Iridium IXs for the gas .. the old NGK Rs were shot ... and cracking ... the Iridiums last longer and give better spark for the LPG models.

I just replace me leads as well ... but i know that spark plugs on LPG engines do not last long at all ... I am only expecting about 30,000km out of mine ... if i get more ... I'll be happy.

How many km's per year do you do???? What type of driving do you do as well???

I had Iridiums in (supposedly from factory coz Jarvis Ford didnt change or look at plugs & leads when I took ute in for last service before new car warranty ran out. perhaps they did look at plugs & thats why they didnt change them coz if they had even pulled one plug out to look at it they would have noticed the corrosion then!) Ive been told that the Iridiums last a long time and are better for LPG, but I have also been told that the NGKs should do coz realistically at each service you should have your plugs & leads replaced.

I just feel as tho Jarvis Ford dicked me around knowing full well there were problems with the car and were waiting for it to be out of warranty, coz with the extended warranty with the car it only covers for valves.

With the driving, I do mainly city driving but with the occassional trip down to the south east (round trip approx 800ks), January drove from Adelaide to Brisbane & back. Do approx 200+ ks around town each week. Mine was previously owned by the City Council so praps they stuffed the old girl up! Other than that, I love my ute affectionately known as 'UTURUS'.
irate is offline   Reply With Quote