View Single Post
Old 22-03-2011, 04:48 PM   #5
barra265t
Banned

Default Re: Wiring diagram FG and BA cluster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxton
Your Cluster and ICC are hard wired into the computer system of he car, and need to be 'mated' (for want of a better term) at Ford. Whether or not this gets the FG cluster to work in a BA/BF is another matter altogether.
oh ok. Thanks for the info, do you work at Ford or something? Interestingly I think the plugs on an FG ICC look awfully similar to those on the BA/BF ICC, but I will need to view them side by side.

I was once told the BA/BF/FG BEM is identical.. is this true?

'Computer system of the car'.. isn't this basically the wiring of the car within the cabin with all its modules [RCM (airbag), BEM, HIM (heater box), ICC, Cluster) that run the cabin/electrics. I would have thought the engine bay wiring is sort of another circuit with basic info being sent to the cabin from the PCM. What makes me curious is that BF+ interior electrics are backward compatible with the original BA. BF underwent a major PCM/wiring change under the hood to Spanish Oak architecture from Black Oak architecture (BA), without needing major revision to the cabin electronics. And AFAIK, the FG runs the same Spanish Oak architecture (BF) or a revision of it.

Last edited by barra265t; 22-03-2011 at 04:55 PM.
barra265t is offline   Reply With Quote