View Single Post
Old 09-02-2018, 10:32 PM   #8
5thFordWA

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Default Re: Road Trip USA in a Fusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone1410 View Post
Love the photos. Just curious as to how expensive the car rental was. My wife and I are planning a similar trip in 2019 so want to start working out the budget.
Cheers
Hope the above post helps. But let me say, travelling across the USA was easy, we winged it most of the way, choosing our accommodation on the day usually. Motels were US$90 - 110 per night, including hot breakfast. It was my first time driving on the right side of the road, but was OK with it, a bit of concentration required. 3 road rules to be noted: 4-way Stop Signs are common (basically first in, first to go). You must STOP when a big Yellow School bus stops - whichever way you are travelling! And you must move to an outside lane on the highway, if an emergency vehicle is stopped in the emergency lane.

I should get around to posting up our trip in the main forum, considering we went to the Henry Ford Museum, and did a factory tour in Dearborn - where they assemble F150s - the aluminium bodied ones we don't get here.
2016 SZ Territory TX 4.0 Petrol (6th & last?)(Sadly, written off)
2004 WRX (Retirement Toy)
5thFordWA is offline   Reply With Quote