View Single Post
Old 10-03-2019, 02:07 PM   #1
Mike86
Starter Motor

Default Snapped Clutch Pedal Cable Bracket

Hi All,

I've done a search and found a number of threads relating to this issue but more to do with a cracked firewall. Nothing really conclusive and no pics for me to compare mine to as most threads were from over 5 years ago. People seem to have been welding plate to reinforce it. However haven't spotted a thread where the cable bracket has snapped also. As you can see in the pics there is also a crack where the cable comes through into the pedal box but I'm wondering wether or not that has actually been there since I bought it. The clutch has always been stiff on this car. I've only had it for 1.5 months.

Basically wondering if there's anything missing from the end of the cable or am I able to get away with replacing the bracket and reconnecting the clutch cable? or is this more involved than I'm thinking. Anyone had much experience with this? Keep in mind in the long term I will replace everything but am looking for fix to get me to work and for the next couple of weeks until I get a reasonable quote to do the whole lot.

The car in question is a 2001 ford falcon AU.

Cheers,

M

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Clutch.jpg (123.1 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg clutch 2.JPG (142.9 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by Mike86; 10-03-2019 at 02:30 PM.
Mike86 is offline   Reply With Quote