View Single Post
Old 27-12-2008, 10:03 AM   #28
Peter B - CV8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio XB
Good post, ross. I'd like to remind you though that Ford has not taken any Government money and do not fall under the requirements imposed on GM and Chrysler. Also, Ford plans to not access the money. By doing so it puts Ford in a much better light with the customers as well as a certain competitive advantage; Ford will be able to continue executing their turn around plan that they began several years ago and saw the fruits of in the first quarter of this year.

The financial crisis triggered in the United States had affected the whole world, noted Sadahiro Usui, managing officer of Denso.

Since other countries want to point to the collapse of the US economy as causing the whole global economy to crash, I would like to say I am good with that. The other side of the coin then, naturally, would be to recognize that collapsing the US economy was the goal of the 9/11 attacks on the World Trade Center in New York. If the terrorists had been successful in destroying the US economy then to the level it went to this year then the affect would have been the same....a global economic crash. As such, I hope the rest of the entire world that would be affected by the economic crash in the US would be willing to join us in eliminating the terrorists that have such desires since their goal would affect everyone in the same manner.

And thank you to Australia for already having assisted in this endeavor.

Sorry to get political, but when I see where someone wants to point to the US as the cause of what is happening global, and what has happened in the US this year was and is the goal of the terrorists on 9/11, I would like to take advantage of that moment and point out how the whole world is connected when it comes to terrorism from extremists. Mods, please feel free to delete any portion of this post you deem inappropriate.

Steve

Hi Steve,
The way that most people see things over here is a bit different. We see the US collapse as having been caused mainly by greed - not terrorism. Handing out loans to people & corporations who couldn't afford the repayments was always going to end poorly. Parceling up these mortgages & selling them to domestic & overseas investment houses so that we could all "share the joy". CEO's and there underlings falsifying documents and financial accounts so that they could continue to trade & receive bonuses etc. Is there any asset of tangible worth in the USA - or is the whole country built on a litany of lies & deceipt ????
So blaming it all on terrorists is a bit of a cop out in my opinion. Your country, by its financial practices & greed, is now responsible for the meltdown everyone is suffering from & its probably going to get worse this year. In the meantime a lot of innocent people will do it tough, lose their homes, their retirement investments etc etc. These are the people I feel sorry for......
Peter B - CV8 is offline   Reply With Quote