Thread: FPV GTF Prices
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2014, 05:32 PM   #246
responsef6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: FPV GTF Prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
So what does that hell does your F6 have to do with GT-F pricing? Did you read the thread title?
Stefan, why the aggression?

I find it a bit hypocritical you having a go at me for referencing the F6, when you were the one to bring up C63, M3, M5 and RS cars, none of which are Aussie cars.
"What the hell do they have to do with GTF pricing. Did you read the thread title?" could be repeated back to yourself

The F6 is at least an FPV and an FG, and your post was first directed at GTF but also was a slant against modern FPVs, falcons and "taxis". An F6 is a lot closer in relationship to the GTF when compared with the Euro models you referenced.

I am one of your supposed "nostalgic cashed up enthusiasts that paid up big" (your post was filled with many derogatory references and comments such as this) as i also own a GTF, so I feel i am also in a position to provide my opinion. We have differing opinions, that's ok, its a forum, there is no need for agro.

If my GTF has squared up against one of the Euro models that you're so impressed with, I would have used that as a more direct example. However as i have raced my stock F6 (12.7) alongside a presumably stock C63 (12.9) at the drags, it was a genuine and real example of modern FPVs being at least equivalent in performance to the cars you mentioned. And prior to GTF & RSPEC, the F6 was the fastest FPV so i thought it was quite relevant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
My response being, no, as is just isn't as desireable to alot of people in todays market. Diving down the road it doesn't evoke any huge reaction or desire to own it execept maybe for a few enthusiasts.
The GT-F has no broad appeal and that will hurt any long term value.
This is not fact, this is your opinion

I like your car (assuming it from your avatar), and well done for owning old and new GTs, but I have no time for this small minded internal New/Old GT carry on, (OLD GT AUTHENTIC, modern PLASTIC GT rubbish). I read it here and there in this forum and hear about it from time to time, and I'm amazed how petty some Ford fans can be.

There are enough Holden guys that hate on Falcons, then there are Euro/Jap car fans that hate on Aussie cars, then there is the general public and media hating on performance car enthusiasts.

Lets stick together.

I like the classic GTs, I love the modern ones.

There is 2 years left on the Falcon's life, so we really don't need inter Ford fan sniping and trolling. Let's enjoy them all
responsef6 is offline   Reply With Quote
14 users like this post: