Thread: ICC not working
View Single Post
Old 18-01-2020, 09:43 AM   #6
Gothefalcon
FAWD - No Boundaries
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: He takes long trips in his AWD Falcon & where ever he goes he sets out to meet forum members at various destinations. He does this without expectation of any sort. I have had the pleasure of spending time with Dhru on two of his separate trips and his gre Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The excellent write ups in your BF AWD Falcon Wagon thread 
Default Re: ICC not working

Could be the motherboard in the back of the ICC (The central dash unit with the radio, A/C buttons, screen, etc). The solder joints on the board start to seperate/dislodge/corrode /whatever the technical term is ... and things stop working.

I've replaced a few ICC's over the years (in different cars) when this has started happening... but late last year we decided to have a go at fixing one instead.

I took the ICC out, and pulled the motherboard out of the big rectangular metal box at the back of it (not the CD player... but the one with the big main plug on it)... then I gave it to my mate James who's good with electronic boards... and he touch soldered all the solder joints on the board... then I re-installed it and put the ICC bac together.

That was around Sept last year and everything is still working reliably

Before you try this yourself, just note that the car won't start once the ICC has been removed ( I've got other cars, so didn't matter for me). I've also got a couple of spare ICC's (kept some previous stuffed ones) so I had back up.

If you choose to fit another ICC, you'll probably need to get it security coded to the car (though, sometimes you can be lucky it just works). Car will start but the rest won't work until it's coded.

Good luck sorting your issue

D

22 DJR Shell V-Power Mustang Eskymobile (my first EV)
07 BF2 AWD Falcon Wagon (Daily driver)
04 BA Falcon 1Tonner Ute (New Project)
03 BA Falcon Wagon (Spare)
98 NL Fairlane Ghia V8 (Weekend cruiser)
70 VG paddock racer (Cain it til it breaks.. fix it.. Cain it all over again !)
Gothefalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
4 users like this post: