View Single Post
Old 27-12-2008, 02:58 PM   #30
Bent8
Long live the GT !

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoon
I agree with you that greed by US corporate fat cats was the cause of the global collapse, but I think the point Ohio was making is correct that the aim of 9/11 was to have the same result. The unfortunate part is that the perpertrators of this disgusting act were allowed escape and instead the US government invaded Iraq ( a supposed easy target that hasnt turned into an easy target). Anyway, we also should remember that we are not doing it so tough here in Aus as a whole. The people of the USA are doing it tough along with the most of the rest of the world. It's not the average American that caused this, its the corporate fat cats and the government that would have seen this coming and did nothing in the name of capitalism. Dont the Govt understand that even that needs some restrictions for it to work. It also shows how far and reaching the health of the US economy is when a company like Toyota, who are without question one of the leanest manufacturers in the world can operate at a loss. I heard an expression that rings true, when the US economy sneezes, the rest of the world catches a cold. Regardless of what we or anyone thinks, the world requires that the US has a healthy economy.
That's only because the USD has been the dominant currency that the rest of the world trades with...now that the good ol' greenback has lost 95% of it's real value since 1914, there isn't much left of it, so the FR (Federal Reserve, which by the way was NEVER federal and has NO reserves) prints more money and hands it out to the super-rich while the economy goes to crap.

At this stage, it's not about saving the economy, (we're about 10 years too late for that)...right now, the goal is to suck whatever's left and give to the billionaires because their money is also buying less!

Google "The Amero" and read up on it, their goal is to have the US, Canada and Mexico merge into the North American Union and this will be their new currency.

Sorry if it's a bit off topic.

"Whatya think of me car, XR Falcon, 351 Blown Cleveland running Motec injection and runnin' on methanol... goes pretty hard too, got heaps of torque for chucking burnouts, IT'S UNREAL !!" - Poida
Bent8 is offline   Reply With Quote