View Single Post
Old 18-06-2009, 06:57 PM   #77
Jimmyd
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauphin
Hi Jim, nice Fairmont. It's got that Tickford bodykit as well!
Got any plans for it?
I was surprised to find the Fairmont Ghia VCT with the Tickford options - pretty hard to chisel out of the factory at the time, IIRC the factory were concerned too many people were specing Fairmont Ghias up as luxury pack XR6's - at 54k list with options they just sneaked under the Luxury Car Tax bracket...... I recall seeing one dealer that will not be named badging and flogging one as a TS40 for a ridiculous premium over the list price - so if anyone comes across a refernce to a mythical TS40, that will probably be it.

Gia (yes, I am one of those guys who names his cars, so shoot me...) started life as a Ford Corporate car. She was built, complianced and registered in Vic in Oct 99, shipped out to a dealer in Townsville in early 01 with 40ks on the clock where a local lass promplty snaffled it for school shuttle duties. I picked her up (the car, not the lass...) two weeks ago with 127ks on the clock - still go for a walk from the office every hour or so just to look at her in the car park (again, the car, not the lass).

At this point the only mods I am considering are

1. XR8 snorkel - does actually make a performance/economy difference and looks stock,

2. Cat back exhaust (when I get sick of riding in a cocoon of silence), and

3.tap an ipod connection into the CD changer harness (hey, I'm only 41, not dead); I've done this mod for a few other vehicles, but trying to get the pinouts for the AU1 Premium system is proving problematic, guess it will be a fun weekend stripping down the CD changer to work it out for myself and before you ask - I LIKE the factory Premium system and IMHO anything else stuck in the curvy double din dash just looks odd.

Quote:
Thanks for the vote of confidence regarding the AU, coming from a ex-Ford service manager. You could be a real help to members here with some questions.
I'll be happpy to help where I can - thas what its all about isn't it...

Quote:
PS. Love the RS2000, very Bodie and Doyle-ish.
The RS2000 is, and always will be, the love of my life (he says in the quiet confidence that the broad of control will NEVER see this post....)

Cheers

James
Jimmyd is offline   Reply With Quote