View Single Post
Old 23-11-2017, 05:33 PM   #17
solarite_guy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: He continually offers Technical Advice that is based on years of experience and knowledge he has gained along the way. The advice has ranged from replies to questions across the various Threads to seeking information from OP and taking that away to undert 
Default Re: Sick of thieves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGPIE View Post

Stand up to them, I usually find they back track very quickly
That makes me laugh. I have an experience that is not related to car service, but is related to service in general and "standing up to them".

This was several years ago and we were hosting a party for our daughter. Earlier in the day, my ex-wife ordered and paid for a cake, flowers and balloons. My job was to pick them up after work.

I picked up the flowers, then picked up the balloons and went to get the cake. Well, there was no cake for my daughter. I wasn't happy and more than disappointed. Still I remained calm, yet very stern and in no uncertain terms let them know I was there to pick up my daughters cake.

One of the guys went in the back and returned a few minutes with the cake.

I arrived home and my ex said that wasn't the cake where I then explained what happened.

She then informed me i went to the wrong shop. I felt terrible and went back to the shop that gave me the cake so I could apologise and pay for the one they gave me. Then I went to the other and picked up the intended cake. We had 2 cakes.

The point being, sometimes "standing up to them" will get you more than what you might imagine.
solarite_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
13 users like this post: