View Single Post
Old 03-01-2020, 12:33 AM   #153
snap0964
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Should volunteer firefighters get paid?

I guess on Tues when the fires were bearing down on me at home, I should've got out there and demonstrated with a placard - maybe they might have stopped ?
I guess now with the greens infiltrating councils (declaring 'climate emergencies', rather than focusing on rates, rubbish and roads,etc), and Labor at most levels depending on their preferences in areas to win seats, you won't see them waiver too far from those type of policies.
AFAIK in QLD, it's against the law to back burn around your own property (someone confirm or not?).
Also in QLD if you feed your starving stock mulga off your own property, you can be taken to court and charged.
With this type of Lunacy, and you also scale back RFS and Parks and Wildlife resources and funding, it does seem a recipe for disaster.
A lot of the economies seem dire as well - QLD is in debt AFAIK, NT is a disaster - they have asked Federally for money, Federally, we've been in debt for over 30 yrs.
Maybe politicians should be held responsible for economic mismanagement, e.g. Wayne Swan got to retire with a nice pension, after promising 4 surpluses, and delivering none. I wonder if a Business CEO would last as long with that track record.
The Government voted against giving diary farmers decent pay for milk - you have to wonder what the National Party stands for these days. Once the farming industry disappears - it's gone. Maybe the Chinese are waiting to move in, just like the Baby formula industry?
MP's got nice new Comcare vehicles - BMW's and Toyota Hybrids, whilst Farmers struggle on with little help.
You have to wonder how well we are spending the taxpayers dollars.
Assisted payments for Firies shouldn't be that hard - if we review some of the unnecessary spending in other areas, e.g. refinancing our all up debt to reduce our interest bill - after all individuals can do it ?

EDIT: Apologies for the off topic areas.

Last edited by snap0964; 03-01-2020 at 01:03 AM.
snap0964 is offline   Reply With Quote
5 users like this post: