View Single Post
Old 23-04-2020, 08:34 AM   #5
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: What's your distractions ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonz View Post
dabble in woodworking have done for years, but never anything serious, tried wood turning but was on a cheapie Ryobi lathe, few weeks ago bought a pkt load of S/H woodwork machinery, only wanted 1 item but figured I could sell the rest and come out sweat.
Well there was included a state art electronic speed controlled lathe that tweaked my interest.

Since then the shed has been gutted, 150mm pipe dust extraction system fitted ...not yet completed and everything being changed position.
Plus turned 70 last year, retired and collected the age pension and now have 2 part time jobs, both in essential services, well Ive convinced myself they are. So barely time to stop and enjoy a fart.
Bit of a lost art these days is wood turning and metal. Old bloke (Jack Wines) that passed on about five years ago had his home workshop in the town's old cheese factory and he regularly turned stuff in wood and even made parts for people . If Jack couldn't make it , it couldn't be done . Pure genius sometimes . I saw him do it often .. Woodcraft Guild here , same thing that works with the Men's Shed . They are a fantastic bunch ..
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote