View Single Post
Old 23-03-2013, 11:50 PM   #85
XWmemories
Starter Motor

Thumbs up Re: Outstanding service!! Carmichael Ford Townsville

Found this thread and thought I should tell everybody about this!
On Wed 20 March went to Carmichael Ford in Townsville to purchase rear brake rotors for 05 AWD Territory TS, have to admit to shopping around Townsville and not finding any so thought I would try the dealership.
Parts where in stock and suprisingly affordable so purchased them with a view to fitting them next day.
Started the job thurs Lunch and ran into trouble removing old discs due to a build up of rust - no problem I've got new ones so I went to town on them with a hammer
With the old discs off went to unwrap new ones and holy ***** there the wrong ones, panicking slightly I scrambled to check the old ones - no dice remember some idiot hit them with a hammer.
I rang Carmichael Ford parts dept to see if there was even a set of the correct ones in Townsville, I had wanted standard but now would have paid and accepted anything - the car was on jacks and in acouple of hrs I would have to start paying upwards of $80 bucks in taxi fares to get the family home from work and school.
I told the spare parts counter staff what had happened and could they help me including the part that I was now stranded with sewerage slowly coming up around my ankles.
They said they would call me back!!!!!!!!!!!
To my utter suprise they did call me back promptly the response was to say the least - amazing, after some checking they called admitted the mistake (naturally have to check). No sir the parts needed supplied as standard are not available in Townsville through anyone - however
They through thier own initiative promised and delivered 1 set of Territory dimpled and slotted rotors to my front door within the hour at no extra cost to me other than the original cost of standard rotors.
This is the best customer service I have ever received.
I know we all take a shot at these places when things don't go right but in this instance they took what could have been another bad news story and made a situation where I will yell from the rooftops how good these guys are.

Carmichael Ford Townsville take a bow!!!!!!
XWmemories is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: