View Single Post
Old 31-05-2016, 07:33 PM   #52
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

Default Re: Cav's Fabulous AUII Fairlane Sportsman

When a little bit of knowledge can be useless.

I checked the plugs, well one anyway, in the Fairlane; and I panicked!

Check out the electrode - it has almost disappeared!!!

And the car is using a fair bit of fuel, not that it worries me, but the plug seems to be on the lean side according to the interweb.

Whatdoyareckon about the condition of the plug?

It certainly isn't running rich like I expected it to be.

Being in the country sometimes it is hard to source pasts locally. We only have Repco in town and they didn't have any plugs in stock but he could get them "in a few daze." Don't get me wrong, the Repco guys are OK, it is just that they do not stock a large range of stuff. And on some days they have a gorgeous blonde working there. I try to avoid the days she works because she keeps hitting on me.

So I ordered some stuff from the interweb - plugs, leads and Oxygen thingy. I can get some carby cleaner locally so I will also clean out the throttle body.

That's about the limit of my technically ability. In my youth they called me passion fist when I worked on cars. You know, whatever I touch I ****.

Why didn't youse blokes tell me that the electrode thingy is tiny in Iridium plugs?

Maybe the plugs in the Fairlane are OK after all, I just thought that the electrode had worn away from use.

The car has 178,000kms on it. My guess is that the one I looked at is an original from 2001.

Anyway this is what new plugs look like.

So I hope to get a fair bit done tomorrow, including an oil/filter change.

I report back tomorrow night on all the things I broke.
Cav is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: