View Single Post
Old 02-12-2019, 09:19 PM   #86
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: FORD V FERRARI Official Trailer (2019)

Saw it in the premium cinema with youngest son - excellent! Very heartening to see this come out of Hollywood compared to some of their recent films.

Christian Bale was masterful, even the way Ken Miles walked and the way he sipped tea, fantastic performance. Noah Jupe was very good.

But I also loved Tracy Letts' role as Henry Ford II, "Hank the Deuce". The moment Iacocca tells him what Ferrari said, his ability to summon a leviathan to a task, yes the GT40 ride, and him showing Shelby the faraway plant and asking who really won WW2: fantastic proud character very sure of who he was, what Ford was and where it stood.

Loved the XK Falcons and Mollie hammering the Fairlane wagon (I think - that thing was beautiful!). The idea that a race driver is often nurturing the car, making sure it lasts, not just going hell for leather. Allan Moffat described that was how he drove GTHOs, he put a lot of the physical stress on himself and preserved the car around the track. We also noticed the parallels between how Lemans developed, and how we know Bathurst did. Last time we went through NSW we did the road at Mt Panorama quite a few times and visited the museum. I thought Enzo was treated with respect too.

The American auto world at its finest.