View Single Post
Old 22-07-2019, 07:38 AM   #135
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

Default Re: WQ Fiesta XR4/ST150 with Mazda SP25 engine

Shifter:

Since the two issues are (a) Clearance of the cable under the tray and (2) Clearance of the selector linkage just at the edge of the selector surround, I think I will do the following:

(a) As much as it pains me, I will have to cut into the tray and make clearance for the cable. I'll have to put a cover over either the part of the tray that I cut or the whole tray.

(b) Am going to acquire a 10mm m8 Ball Stud and make my own Selector Junction using 25mm RHS to lower it slightly. It may result in a slight lengthen of the shift - since short shifters traditionally raise the height of the selector location rather than lower it. I notice on those fiesta's that the short shifter option shortens the radius of the selector at the gearbox, rather than lengthens the radius at the selector. Now I know why - lack of space at the selector itself. making my own Selector Junction means I can also control the distance from the selector arm - so I can adjust the location of the selector within the surround if I need to - it looks like I might foul slightly at the 1-3-5 position - maybe.

ABS Bracket

Verdict = Fail. Will need to be redrawn.

(a) ABS Module Needs to be 1cm further away from the firewall.
(b) ABS Module Needs to be 1cm closer to the chassis rail
(c) Chassis upper rail tab needs to be removable. Getting the bracket in and out is nigh on impossible while the ABS module is in place. Also, that tab was about 1cm too long.
(d) The long tab down to the side of the chassis rail - needs to clear the engine/transmission mount

Transmissions Upper Bracket

Parts cut, needs the 2 x round-bar pieces drilled and the upright tapped, and then I can weld. I wish I had a lathe.....

Luke

Last edited by Luke Plaizier; 22-07-2019 at 07:51 AM.
Luke Plaizier is offline   Reply With Quote