View Single Post
Old 26-05-2013, 11:38 AM   #81
imugli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 30% increase in Ford models here. What are they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
The difference is the connection with their potential buyers is much better, they seem to deliver what is needed now
while Ford seems to trail. Don't get me wrong, the Falcon is an excellent technical vehicle but the use of hand built
V8 engines, importation of Garret Turbos and ZF transmissions versus Holden's use of global power trains must
surely give Holden a tactical advantage.

We've seen in the past couple of weeks how Holden is about to deliver VF with up to date features like all the highly regarded
imports have yet Ford is asking its Falcon buyers to wait until late next year and maybe get updated looks and maybe similar features.

I just feel like Ford has been played and outpointed in the public arena since the launch of the VE, vital sales momentum was lost
due to distractions and interruptions that blew needed developments and subsequent sales off course with no recovery possible.
I think you're right, but I think it goes back further than that - with EL having to ply its trade for 12 - 18 months after VT was launched before AU. Then BF needing to do the same while VE was out. Literally the last 2 major generational changes in Falcon have been 12 - 18 months behind Commodore, which as you say has left Ford catching up.

If you're going to give an 18 month head start to your major competition, you want to make sure what you bring to the table takes the game another full step forward. They didn't. BA might have, but by the time FG was launched the VE had stolen the march.

Now don't get me wrong. I'm not saying VE was a better CAR than BF, but it was NEWER and if you believe wheels and all the press, the VE DID take the large car game forward.
imugli is offline   Reply With Quote