View Single Post
Old 28-12-2008, 08:39 PM   #1
99_FGT
Starter Motor

Question Centre console bin removal??

Hey everyone.
Complete newbie to fordforums, having not owned a ford for about 5 years (previous was an AU ute - only half as ugly as the sedan!).
Been trawling through the Mondeo forums, some good info here (we will be asking at service about the AC gas level - ours is not at all cold either), and because it is a fleet car (my fiancee's, not mine) we don't get the option of running 95, although I would much prefer it. Suggest the comment about the fleet market was right on the $$.
Anyways, to my question. So, on our (ok, her) 2008 LX sedan, they don't deem it necessary to have a phone kit installed. I have a Nokia CK-7w that was in our SP23, but I took it out to sell the car (anyone??).
I can do a stealth install under the drivers seat, but want to know how the f@(# do i get the centre console bin out to do this?
My thought was to use the 12V rear power socket (it doesn't need permanent power - acc is fine) and wire into the back of that, and install the unit and speaker under the seat. The mic lead can then be run under the door seal to the top of the A-pillar.
So if anyone has any tips on removing the centre console bin, or the back part where the auxiliary 12V socket is, they would be greatly appreciated.
If it is there, and I have missed it in my searches, I apologise.
Thanks from the newbie,
Al.. aka 99_FGT

99_FGT is offline   Reply With Quote