View Single Post
Old 22-07-2019, 02:52 PM   #34
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

Default Re: WQ Fiesta Options not available in Oz

I'd love some photos of this, or perhaps a scan of the Fiesta specific instructions. I've got a dealer-fit sensor kit for a falcon at home and thought it might work in a Fiesta - but how the looms route, where the module sites, how it gets power are all of interest to me in the Fiesta world.

Do you have any pics or anything that is scannable?

And yes, I know what you mean about the steel rivet that has to be drilled out and replaced on either wheel arch for the rear bumper. The rear is where my 'wreck' had received a minor tap, and it took me a bit to realize that I had to be destructive to remove the bumper - and drill out that rivet. The BA Falcon and SX Territory I have, on the other hand, are all bolted and clipped on without the need to be destructive. Much better. The BA/SX bumpers also had markers on the inside to show where the sensors go. I didn't see that on the Fiesta.

Otherwise, on the sensor front, there are a lot of places in the UK with used factory fit 'Park Pilot' modules, and sensors can even be found on AliExpress. Finding a fiesta-specific loom is the challenge. But if my memory serves me right, the actual part code for some of the Fiesta 'Park Distance Control' system actually had MkIII Mondeo prefixes on them. Not that any of those came to Oz....

None of those reverse park modules integrate with the vehicle looms for anything other than power though. Both the BA and SX factory installed modules (a) have CAN Bus interfaces on them so I can troubleshoot individual sensor issues using the OBD scanner (which came in handy when one sensor failed recently) and (b) have audio integration into the factory sound system so that reverse parking comes out of the factory audio speakers. No such luck in Fiesta/Focus/Mondeo land it would seem.

Luke