View Single Post
Old 14-06-2017, 09:01 PM   #251
prydey
Rob

Default Re: The Camping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
Looks good Rob.
The Jayco looks really big behind the Falcon, not that the Falcon would struggle, but it might be an excuse to start shopping for a Ranger next, lol.
there won't be any shopping for a while. no money left in the kitty. I was really happy with how the falcon handled the weight at the rear. i kept boot empty and with the kids in the back, the guard just sat about tyre level with full fuel and loaded van hooked up. economy was slightly better than expected also, so more than happy to stick with the trusty falcon for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
Camping is so much easier when all you have to do is hook the accommodation etc. to the back of your bus and away you go, then wind it up for instant home away from home.
If it gets the family out more often its a win in my book.
its funny how quickly your mindset changes. i never minded tenting, but there's no way we would have ventured out in winter for a weekend camping in a tent. it was great to be able to cook and eat etc all inside with the heater keeping everything toasty.

I might be a bit weird, but the set up and pack up isn't a chore for me. i almost enjoy it. even on our first go, and taking our time we were packed up within an hour from finishing the brekkie dishes. one of the things we do differently to other friends/rellies who have these vans is actually do it the way jayco recommend to do it on their youtube clip. really happy with it and glad we spent the extra coin to get something in good condition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a
What's a camper like that worth? WeVe been dithering about something like that or a tent style camper trailer.
it all depends on what you need to suit your situation. there are 5 or 6 configurations of these vans from jayco. Ours is the Swan, which is by far the most popular and is the equal biggest in dimensions with the Flamigo. the flamingo has the most storage but we preferred the layout of the swan. The next one down is the eagle, which is basically the same layout as the swan, but misses out on an extra cupboard, so less storage.

We wanted something newer than 2007 which is when they changed to the smooth sided look.

ours is 09 and cost $18500. its a lot of coin, but when you are out in the bush waking up to the sound of birds and looking out at the kangaroos, you tend to forget about the money side of things, esp when you see your kids out having a great time.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote
4 users like this post: