View Single Post
Old 29-06-2017, 07:42 PM   #267
prydey
Rob

Default Re: The Camping Thread

Under our tent awning and now van awning i run a 50cm Korr led light strip. Korr products are available from autobarn/opposite lock and get pretty good reviews. They seem like a quality product. They cost a fair bit more than what is on ebay/4wd supacentre etc. In my opinion they are a good system. It can be either white or orange light at the click of a switch.

To power it and to charge devices i have a 18aH lithium battery/jump starter (called 'jump ya bastard'). The light draws 0.6amps so is good for about 20hours on that battery if you just use it for the light. On my last tent camping trip i bought another cheap power bank to keep phones charged and used the other just for the light.

I also have a 1000lumen lantern that i hang off a side pole. Then another 500 lumen one for in the tent. It's one that you can remove the top and hang it upside down from the roof and it gives a good light spread including straight down.

I then had little 100lumen ones for the bedrooms (called moji i think. Great little lights). Most of my lights are from snowys.

I opted for all battery power ones instead of rechargeable. Batteries are cheap and last quite a while. Most of ours lasted at least 2 camping trips. I grab bulk packs from Bunnings of the varta brand which say made in Germany.

Also handy is the cheap remote control ufo lights. Great for the kids.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: