View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 11:25 PM   #12
crakrz
T3 TE50 Blueprint

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Craig has shown and shared an outstanding amount of knowledge in the field of Tuning. Craig is only to happy to share with anyone that asks his knowledge on the EEC tuning system, in particularly in the use of Moates Quarterhorse and Binary Editor. 
Default Re: AU tuning options

No not at all. That's all a Moates Quarterhorse is. Its a glorified J3 chip. It just has the ability of USB connection to your laptop and live tuning and datalogging. It can be removed just like a J3 chip.

A standard J3 chip is removed and reprogrammed via a chip burner. This means that everytime you wish to make an alteration, you have to remove the chip, plug it in to the burner, update the tune to your new settings, and plug it back in to the ECU.

This is a lot of mucking around, but the biggest problem is that it leaves you wide open for a possible poor connection at the J3 port edge connection of the ECU. This was my main reason for choosing the QH over removeable J3 chips.

The QH is put in place and never touched again. I have a USB connection now in my glovebox so that I can connect it straight to my 10" Acer notebook, which also lives in the glovebox.

-Craig
crakrz is offline   Reply With Quote