View Single Post
Old 11-04-2013, 11:57 PM   #8
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 
Default Re: Customer service focus swings to what Ford owners need, car-maker says

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo View Post
I've had serious warranty issues with Sunbury Ford, but Essendon Ford have been fantastic.

Sunbury Ford are the biggest pack of douches, we've been burnt there before in the past, I shouldn't have given them a second chance.

Focus burst the injector return line and was ****ing out diesel all over itself and blew the 3rd injector seal, I took it into Sunbury Ford because a mate worked there, hoping he would work on the car for me since I trust him and the forewoman there is a diesel mechanic and quite good.

They sent him to TAFE the week my car was in there and the forewoman ended up being sent to another Ford dealership.

So they just pressure washed the engine bay and gave the car back to me, I popped the bonnet and started the engine, was smoking out of injector 3, they said it was old diesel burning off the top of the engine.

A week later, it was still doing it, and filling the cab with diesel fumes when driving.

I asked my mate if he knew who worked on the car:

He mentioned the split injector O ring to management and they told him not to worry about it and put it back in and pressure wash the engine bay.

I took it to Essendon Ford who replaced the same injector return line Sunbury Ford reckoned they replaced when I questioned them on it, I told them that Sunbury Ford pulled the injector O ring out on the 3rd injector, and because of that they didn't warranty it, it is Sunbury Ford's fault and they can't warrant their work, so the car would have to go back to them.

Or they would do it at my cost, but labour is $600+ just to remove the inlet manifold and remove the injectors.

It took Sunbury Ford another TWO goes to fix the problem.

My family has bought 2 cars from Sunbury Ford, when I got my WS Fiesta from there in 2009, the sales staff were excellent, then they got bought out and the sales staff I got my car from were all gone.

I was VERY close to selling the car and not buying from Ford again after that, had a nice 2005 DC5 Integra Type S lined up to trade into.
Damo, sorry but before I can make any judgement with your story, I would like to hear Sunbury Fords side. There are a couple of things that don't sound quite right, as I mentioned last time you posted this up.

I purchased my FG from them, and have had all servicing done there since, and they have been good to me. The service advisor that helps me each time is good, knows me, and knows what is going on with my car. Also with my AU and BA that was also serviced with them, but they were different dealership owners and management then.
Silver Ghia is online now   Reply With Quote