View Single Post
Old 22-04-2019, 11:18 PM   #530
prydey
Rob

Default Re: The Camping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
That last bit on the way to Sugar Gum after the cabin is a killer, I remember going up the first time and wondering if it was all worth it.
it sure was. The view was good (3rd pic down) but not really worth the climb if i'm honest. Probably won't do it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
Glad you made the trek around Hidden Gorge, its a slog but well worth it, did you go up the outside and back down the Gorge or vice versa, the latter is a real grind climbing up those rock ledges.
I was advised, possibly even by yourself, to walk up to the ridge first, and then come back by the fire trail. We figured this to be the best way, as it gets the climbing out the way while you still have fresh legs. walking up out of the gorge with over 10km in your legs wouldn't have been much fun.

The ridge walk (battery track?) was pretty good, as was the climb. as you can see from the pics, views out to spencer gulf were very good. the camera never captures fully what the eye sees either. The gorge was good but after a km or so of walking essentially along a creek bed, it all started look the same, and then it just went on and on. The track was not very well defined in parts as well. still, it was an enjoyable walk and my eldest and I really enjoyed it, as well as having the time to ourselves. Some good father/daughter time without the wife and youngest.

edit - not sure if this will work, but here is a link to my strava recording.
https://www.strava.com/activities/2306259814

Last edited by prydey; 22-04-2019 at 11:27 PM.
prydey is online now   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: