View Single Post
Old 03-03-2020, 10:24 PM   #1687
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 
Default Re: What made you feel good today?

Another one of those bittersweet moments today. Took my father to his weekly physio session at the nursing home. It’s an hour of fairly intense one-on-one so I stay in case he gets disoriented or distressed.

Towards the end of the session, the physio brings over a small plastic step platform, and tries to demonstrate the exercise required - to lift a foot and “tap” the top of the step, then repeat with the other foot. Anyway, silly bugger just can’t grasp the idea of not actually standing on the top of this step, despite the physio chap demonstrating half a dozen times.

Eventually as the instructor turns away for a moment in frustration, old man places both feet solidly on top of this little platform and announces loudly to the room “I’m the king of the castle”. The place echoed with laughter.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: