Thread: Mowing ..
View Single Post
Old 15-09-2020, 08:15 PM   #717
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Mowing ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
I gave the Bushranger it's first big workout today. Five extra large lawns with extensive, wide nature strips. Three were at three-week growth, the other two were at two weeks.

There is never a perfect mower, which is why I have so many, but this Bushranger performed very well today. I spent most of my time in third gear for those extra big areas, second gear for tighter and more intricate spots. Fuel economy seems similar to the Kohler, although it is still a very young engine. It was also nice to not have the smell of burnt oil in the air, something that was getting worse and worse with my old Rover. Speaking of oil, after today, it won't be long before I need to change the initial fill oil, the manual recommending a change at 5 hours then 25 hours thereafter. I love the soft catcher too, much easier to empty. I like this Honda engine more than the Kohler, it's smoother and quieter and seems to just purr along without fuss.

End of the day at the tip, I don't think I could have fitted more onto the ute if I tried. The man who took the money was impressed with the new mower too.

An aching back and a sore neck, I'm going to sleep well tonight!
That's a serious mower ...I've always been a fan of Honda equipment...Never owned any of their gear yet but I know a few who have or do ..That Honda liking is basically on the back of their very very good engines ..Bushranger have done good by offering a Honda power plant option I reckon on their mower range..How are Bushy's priced these days especially the ones aimed to the professional customers ..Just curious .
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: