View Single Post
Old 15-01-2022, 11:12 PM   #5
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Dashcam Footage - Bicycle vs Car - George St Perth CBD 5pm 14/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsme View Post
You could ask shops or businesses if the they have security camera footage, it will be up to their own policy if they agree or refuse your request to privacy concerns.
There are no shop fronts around that might have camera. And I don't think you'd get much of a view from behind. You'd have to see it from the front.

It's only morbid curiosity to see how he escaped this that we're interested. Not much past that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
So no Ill speak towards your brother as he has the right to ride on a bike lane, but does said car park have a warning strobe and siren to indicate a vehicle is leaving towards the cycle path? They typically go off resonably early to warn cyclists. Its not law i dont think but its an insurance thing for building owners to shed liability. Ive installed heaps in my time, whether it be an inductance loop in the ground or run off the boom gate being actuated.
I wont go into long argument here, but all this beeping and alerting technology is complete BS to me. I know why people do it, but its still BS.

What happened here was the driver "charged" out an open air carpark driveway across a footpath/bike path without looking and hit him head on, pushing him out into the street and under the cars stopping partly into the second lane over with the front tire on one of his legs. Driver panicked and sat there for about 30 sec while BIL was screaming to get off him and was about to drive forward before someone rushed up and stopped the driver saying to reverse back to get off him.

I was just told there were no other cars on the street at the time. Which means the search for footage is probably futile. And would partly go towards how lucky he is because he could have been struck by someone in the next lane.

It seems the driver saw an empty street and hit the accelerator to get out of the carpark quickly without looking.

Nothing negates the responsibility of the driver to pay attention and look for danger before proceeding. This could have been a pedestrian with much worse results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee View Post
Doesn't he know what happened, he wasn't knocked out hopefully?
He can lodge a motor vehicle insurance claim for injury too I'm pretty sure. Good case considering the other person was charged.
He remembers and wasn't knocked out. After she rolled back off his leg he got up and walked back to the footpath. As I said before this is just morbid curiosity to see how he walked away unscathed from something that should have done alot of damage.

He is home now. Adrenaline and pain meds have worn off so pain from the bruising is kicking in. Doctors decided not to operate and believe it will heal safely itself.

I'd assume the driver has insurance so they will be paying to replace his bike. One of those expensive electric things. I'm sure he will claim on third party injury to help cover bills and time off work.

He was heading up the hill from the right of picture. There is nothing to the right of the picture apart from the barrier between George St and a drop off to the freeway below.
arm79 is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: