View Single Post
Old 17-01-2022, 12:02 AM   #16
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Default Re: Dashcam Footage - Bicycle vs Car - George St Perth CBD 5pm 14/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm79 View Post
Goodness... Another one in the someone else's fault brigade.

While I called it a bike path, look closely and its actually a footpath for use by both people on foot and bikes. It's a shared path.

Did you read when I said the driver admitted to not even looking straight ahead, let alone to the left when they were exiting the carpark.

What if it was a pedestrian? "Oh sorry poor mother. It wasn't my fault I drop punted your 4yo into the concrete barrier over there with the front of my car. It's this bl00dy stupid footpath design. Well see ya. Have a good day."
I think you need to calm down, I'm not suggesting its not the drivers fault.
If you bothered to comprehend my post you'd see that my point was purely about how the combination of a dual direction shared path and a one way piece of road would lead to this kind of incident, i just figured you and anyone else reading it wouldn't need me to paint a Picaso to relay it.

If as Giant Cranium said there is a 'take care' sign on the path, then it suggests a level of caution be applied by those on it too, a pedestrian moving slowly would have time to react to a fast moving vehicle, a cyclist powering up the hill would have less opportunity, neither case absolves the drivers responsibility to also display caution.

Cant say I've come across that kind of design. In SA our bike paths/lanes in city environments are on the road and with the direction of traffic.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote