View Single Post
Old 05-10-2017, 08:44 PM   #315
prydey
Rob

Default Re: The Camping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
Was it busy, it can get a bit full on during the school holidays
according to the online booking, every site was booked, but once there, the reality was quite different. it was probably 2/3rds booked, but a surprising amount of empty sites considering it was a long weekend and school holidays.

perhaps the crows being in the grand final caused people to change their plans??

speaking of which, it was quite funny. i'm not in to AFL and don't follow it, but living in adelaide you can't avoid the fact that most media outlets consider anything related to the crows, 'newsworthy', so i was aware they were in the final. we arrived sat arvo about 2ish, so there was a bit of a buzz around with radio's blaring and the odd tv. we set up camp, had a quick bite to eat (who doesn't like snags on bread when camping) and then set off for an explore up the creek. about half 3 we noted that there didn't seem to be much noise coming from back at the camp ground. i thought perhaps it was half time. about an hour later it became evident that the crows weren't doing so well, as the footy was off and the camp was silent except for normal camping sounds. Talk about hardened supporters i found it amusing anyway.

anyway, i digress. the campground, even with only a few sites empty, didn't feel that full. i'm not a real social person and it still felt fairly empty to me. no queues to the toilets or showers. it was good to experience it on the full side knowing it can only improve.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote