View Single Post
Old 29-03-2014, 04:13 PM   #1
hainzy
Starter Motor

Default Survivor - auto V6 GT Mk1 Capri....

Hi guys.

Thought I should say Hi on this forum as some of you capri heads might be interested in what I have recently acquired as my next project. Being usually a Holden man, crossing to the dark side will be a good learning curve for me, but I plan to enjoy it!!

I have been looking for a decent Capri project for a while and the Mrs was keen on an auto so this one became available and i snapped it up.

Its a peppermint Green V6 auto GT which is extremely original as far as I can tell. Its a matching numbers car, but it has a replacement V6 in it at the moment. I also have the original engine sitting on a pallet in the shed. It camw with log books and extensive receipt history so plenty of info to trace. It only has minimal surface rust and the body is very good from what I can tell so far.

It has been sitting in a shed for 17 years and still runs. The guy I bought it off said he got it off a uni lecturer who removed a few of the badges as he was scared the students would pinch them in the carpark. Before that its believed it was a lady owner who was the wife of a ford dealer...

The second car I have is a matching numbers 1600 deluxe but unfortunately its been left outside for years and rust has well and truly won the battle so itll be used for spares.

So anyway more importantly, heres some pics... Enjoy.

hainzy is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: