View Single Post
Old 04-11-2019, 06:56 AM   #10
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 
Default Re: Transistorised Radiator Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
I’ve got a crack of the factory diagnostic software, when I run either fan speed actuation (low or high) via the PCM it tells me the operation cannot be completed.

I presume it sends out the relevant command but is not getting the return signal expected. This is where I’m stuck without a scope.

Have been wondering how hard it might be to strip away the potting and see what’s under there. Don’t think it’s TO-3s as there’s nothing on the heatsink side that would reflect their riveting.

Edit to add, physically the motor is 100%. So I don’t feel it’s cooked its guts pushing a stiff motor.
Have a look on eBay. You’d be surprise how cheap scopes are. And you get to buy another tool

That coating will be problematic