View Single Post
Old 07-12-2019, 07:54 PM   #40
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Default Re: suspension issues with a BFIII wagon.

Well........., I took the bullbar off and took it to a tyre place for a wheel alignment. The guy told me the alignment was out by 6mm!! I don't understand how it could be that bad and still track straight but it did. Once I got it back it transformed the car. All the twitchyness went away, the odd tyre wear seems to have stopped and it even felt pretty good on dirt roads even with the stiff suspension. The rear is still too stiff IMO and the rear wants to step out a little too easily but all in all it's not too bad if you don't push it hard.
The bullbar is back on it now to see if it is going to affect the wear of the rear tyres but so far it's all good. I'm going to use it to pull my Delica to the diesel mechanic next week on a car trailer so we'll see how good this towing set up really is.

Cheers
Bushbasher

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: