View Single Post
Old 09-12-2019, 08:19 PM   #44
arronm
BA/F6 BF/F6 SSV/R TTG

Default Re: suspension issues with a BFIII wagon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbasher View Post
Well........., I took the bullbar off and took it to a tyre place for a wheel alignment. The guy told me the alignment was out by 6mm!! I don't understand how it could be that bad and still track straight but it did. Once I got it back it transformed the car. All the twitchyness went away, the odd tyre wear seems to have stopped and it even felt pretty good on dirt roads even with the stiff suspension. The rear is still too stiff IMO and the rear wants to step out a little too easily but all in all it's not too bad if you don't push it hard.
The bullbar is back on it now to see if it is going to affect the wear of the rear tyres but so far it's all good. I'm going to use it to pull my Delica to the diesel mechanic next week on a car trailer so we'll see how good this towing set up really is.

Cheers
Bushbasher
If your going to run the bullbar you should have got wheel align done with bullbar on. Ride height affects both camber and caster. By adding the bullbar after you would have dialled in a bit more negative camber

6mm out at the front?? Does he mean he had to add or subtract 6mm of shims ??

Nizpro equipped and Tuned by the BEST in the west
Xtreme Ford Tuning

479RwKw Fuel limited, more pumps and power too come.

F6#0507 & #0639 Pro racer and Tech expert

NIZPRO modifying falcons like Premcar can only dream of , see VIDEO below.
https://youtu.be/oa4IfguGQ-A
arronm is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: