View Single Post
Old 10-12-2019, 11:30 PM   #1432
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: What made you feel good today?

Tuesdays is pub night for me. Well, more speciffically the night i take my kid for dinner. So its all dependant on my work constraints. But anyrate. Typically its at my local and my mum brings my grandparents. So its been a while since my grandparents have come. Not as long for my grandpa, he has had some old person related issues, hes 93. But a few months back my 92 year old grandma broke her hip, so that kind of takes a lot longer with a really old person. But they both came out tonight. Grandma is still on her feet. Granted anything over say 100 metres she now uses a walking frame for over her whacking stick. So its been a 3 or more months since both my grandparents have been out and about in a place with young families and stuff. I mean, my grandpa calls anyone under 70 a young bloke. But they had such a lovely time being out and about. The staff at my local also find it so cute seeing my grandparents and go further for them too. To be fair, just as not to make it a strenuous ordeal, my grandparents and mum get there for 530, we eat at 6 then are out by 7. The boy and i get there earlier, happy hour starts at 5, so whilst soft drinks dont get any cheaper, schooners do. So my grandparents moved from a private assisted living aged care facility to a private aged care facility, thats fine, theyre looked after and have their own personal space. But my grandpa has a really positive attitude even though joints dont work etc. So he puts it simply. In the community spaces in old folk homes ailments become a competition. One person says their knees dont work, another says their arms dont work, anothe says their back doesnt work, someone says their brain doesnt work. Nothing positive, but he, and my grandma too, love getting away into where there arent the negatives and they forget (potentially thats age kicking in) about the shot joints and all the really old person stuff. So hence why we make the evening as easy as possible.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: