View Single Post
Old 01-07-2018, 11:47 PM   #26
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 
Default Re: Single use plastic bag ban by govmint

Quote:
I agree it would be better to ban all plastic bags o back to good old biodegradable brown paper bags made from recycled paper; all plastic bags pose an environmental pollution risk.
Oops that was supposed to be: "I agree it would be better to ban all plastic bags and go back to good old biodegradable brown paper bags made from recycled paper; all plastic bags pose an environmental pollution risk. People of my vintage would remember when things came in either waxed paper, brown paper bags, recycled newspapers or "butchers paper" (white or brown). It worked fine and was biodegradable and at least with the brown paper items was often made from recycled paper. There was also cellophane (made of wood pulp and cotton) which is 100% biodegradable. Of course it wasn't fault free; I suspect a lot of the recycling involved the used paper being used as fire lighting material for polluting wood stoves and heaters.

Last edited by aussiblue; 01-07-2018 at 11:59 PM.
This user likes this post: